The Kisiizi Orphan sponsorship exists to support single and double orphan children living in and around Kisiizi.
How does it work?
The orphans project staff work with the local community to find the neediest orphans/families and support their children with school fees and basic necessities.
How much does it cost and what is this spent on i.e. what is included in the basic necessities pack etc?
Whilst the cost of supporting each orphan varies due to a number of factors such as increase in school fees, inflation and the exchange rate the cost is on average currently £25 per orphan – which is the amount we ask sponsors to pay per month.
The donations go towards : –
- School fees including food at school
- Soap, sanitary pads for girls
- School books
- Mosquito net
- Health care at Kisiizi Hospital
What is process of matching the donor and child.
- This is a process that the administrators in the UK undertake and will depend on a number of factors including whether the sponsor has expressed a specific preference to sponsor an orphan of particular age, or a boy or girl.
- You will be encouraged to support the child throughout their education, and you may even want to help support the orphan all the way through university or other further education or vocational training
Can the sponsors communicate with their child and how?
- Yes, sponsors can communicate with their orphans, and we encourage them to do so e.g. via Christmas Cards, but so as to ensure safeguarding, there is no direct communication with the orphans but instead any e-mails, cards or letters etc from the sponsors need to be sent to the administrators in the UK.
- Similarly, for each orphan in the scheme there are regular school reports that are kindly provided by the Ugandan team which are sent to the administrators in the UK and we in turn distribute those reports onto the individual sponsors
How can I get involved?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to set up a standing order